SAN FRANCISCO (June 13, 2006) – SEGA of America has announced the next installment in Sports Interactive's genre-defining Worldwide Soccer Manager series. Packed full with more than 100 new features, Worldwide Soccer Manager 2007 is set to release on the PC, Mac, and Intel Mac in October 2006. SEGA acquired the award-winning Sports Interactive, Ltd. in April 2006, highlighting the company's increased focus on Western development as part of its long-term strategic plan.
"We are constantly striving for perfection and have introduced a host of new features and improvements to the game," commented Miles Jacobson, Studio Director of Sports Interactive. "With a new easy-to-use interface, detailed feedback from your assistant manager and coaches, plus interaction with any player worldwide, Worldwide Soccer Manager 2007 is positioned to deliver the definitive soccer management experience to the aspiring managers across North America."
With all-new features, improved gameplay and a depth only seen from Sports Interactive, Worldwide Soccer Manager 2007 offers a management simulation that is second to none. To whet the appetite of every soccer fan, SEGA and Sports Interactive have unveiled just some of the new features available with more features to be announced in the coming months.
Features for Worldwide Soccer Manager 2007 PC/Mac/Intel Mac:
- Feeder Clubs - Brand new to Worldwide Soccer Manager 2007 and one of the most requested features on Sports Interactive's forums has been the addition of feeder clubs to the game. This new addition works in all the ways you would expect it to in real life. You can establish your club as the small team receiving loan players from a larger club or a large club looking for support getting your youngsters match experience by loaning them out. Have the first option on players from clubs, and schedule pre-arranged scrimmages each season by simply asking your board for a feeder relationship and choose from the list they compile.
- Youth Revamp - A complete revamp of youth teams sees full youth squads for each team that has a youth set-up, thus giving a much better system for the regeneration of players in the long term game.
- User Friendly - Worldwide Soccer Manager 2007 gives players a new easier to use default skin, along with hints and tips throughout the game, and an improved tutorial. In addition to better feedback from your assistant manager and scouts as well as lots more media, customization and multiple row selection, all this adds up to the most user friendly Sports Interactive game ever.
- Scouting Revamp - A complete revamp of the scouting system inside the game leads to more information about players and teams being made available to managers, as well as a more realistic methodology for player scouting. This system allows scouts to grow and improve their knowledge-base of the world's soccer players.
- Player Interaction - You can now talk to any player in the world via the media. Player interaction allows you to tap up other teams stars or see if players will buckle under the pressure. An effective manager must use the media as a motivational tool - why not praise your own players in many different ways or shout at them for loss of form?
- Team Talks - For more varied ways to talk to your team, SI have worked hard to deliver vastly improved team talks at half and full time. Not only this, but pre-match team talks will now be making their first appearance in Worldwide Soccer Manager 2007 - so you can send your team out onto the field with a specific briefing.
About SEGA of America, Inc.
SEGA of America, Inc. is the American Publishing arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA Corporation, a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. The SEGA of America, Inc. Web site is located at www.SEGA.com.
About Sports Interactive
Sports Interactive (SI), is the world's leading developer of sports management simulations for home computers. SI's pillar titles cover a range of sports, including football (the Football Manager series), ice hockey (the NHL: Eastside Hockey Manager series) and baseball (Out of the Park Baseball). Founded in 1994 and based in Islington, North London, SI has a full-time staff of 36 and employs the services of more than 1,500 part-time researchers across the globe. The company's games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with six of its creations among the UK's Top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Further information on the company and its games is available from the SI website, www.sigames.com