SAN FRANCISCO – April 5, 2007 - Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, announced today that Heroes of Might and Magic V: Tribes of the East will arrive for the PC in Fall 2007. Developed by Nival Interactive, this stand-alone product will allow both long-time fans and series newcomers to enjoy the dramatic evolution and conclusion of the Heroes V experience.
"With a vast array of new content and an engaging, epic narrative, Heroes of Might and Magic V: Tribes of the East will thrill devoted fans of the series," said Tony Key, vice president of marketing for Ubisoft North America. "It's a fitting end to Heroes V – the most accessible chapter yet combined with the industry-leading quality that has made the Heroes franchise a benchmark for strategy gaming."
About Heroes of Might and Magic V: Tribes of the East For the first time, play as the Orc faction and recruit heroes, build armies and manage cities as you explore and conquer legendary lands. Use tactics, skills and magic to outsmart fantasy armies while developing your heroes and unveiling the dark plot that threatens to tear the world of Ashan apart.
Heroes of Might and Magic V: Tribes of the East chronicles the final chapter in the epic struggle that began with the interrupted wedding of Queen Isabel. Players will follow the steps of the Necrolord Arantir as he uncovers the prophecy of the Dark Messiah of Might and Magic and exposes the Demon Sovereign's conspiracy.
Following this brilliant conclusion to the Heroes of Might and Magic V story, the world of Ashan will never be the same again…
- New Orc Faction: First made famous in Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, the brutal Orc faction now comes to the Heroes series. Savage, fiercely proud, and resolutely independent, the Orcs put the "might" in Might and Magic. This faction's troops include Orcs, Goblins, Cyclops, and the famed Pao Kais.
- New Campaign: Experience the dramatic conclusion of the usurper Biara's reign. Discovering the demonic influence that corrupts the Haven knights, the savage clans of the Orcs will take up arms to eradicate the Inferno threat. Characters from Dark Messiah of Might and Magic will also appear to bring an unexpected twist to this multi-layered plot. In addition, tribes of the East will also feature 10 multiplayer and five single-player maps.
- New Upgrade Level: Every creature in the Heroes V universe will get an alternative upgrade level, increasing the total number of creatures in the Heroes of Might and Magic V line to over 170! These powerful new abilities are sure to become an integral part of your combat tactics.
- Extra Content: Expand your arsenal and gameplay with new spells, artifacts, buildings and innovative features such as the combo-based Artifact Power Link and Battle Rage, the unique racial ability of the Orcs.
- Standalone Product: In order to allow both fans and newcomers to enjoy this dramatic conclusion to the Heroes V experience, Tribes of the East will be a standalone product – no previous Heroes game installations will be required to play.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through its strong and diversified lineup of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 21 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. Ubisoft generated revenue of 547 million Euros for the 2005/2006 fiscal year, an increase of 3 percent over the previous fiscal year at constant exchange rates. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
About Nival Interactive:
Nival Interactive is Russia's leading game developer, and also the largest, with four development teams and staff of over 140 dedicated professionals and true game enthusiasts. Since its inception in 1996, Nival Interactive has gained worldwide recognition from both press and gamers thanks to its impressive lineup of highly successful titles including the Rage of Mages, Etherlords, Blitzkrieg and Silent Storm series, backed by a genuine commitment to creativity and innovation.
2007 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Heroes, Might and Magic, Heroes of Might and Magic, Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Developed by Nival Interactive