SAN FRANCISCO – September 25, 2007 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, announced that The Settlers Rise of an Empire has shipped to retailers nationwide and is available exclusively for Games for Windows. The Settlers Rise of an Empire is the sixth game in the popular PC strategy franchise that was created by Ubisoft's Blue Byte studio and has sold more than six million copies worldwide. The Settlers Rise of an Empire is rated "E10+" for Everyone 10 and Older and has an MSRP of $49.99.
In The Settlers Rise of an Empire, the player builds lively, bustling towns in a medieval world. Everything is visible, lovingly animated and realistic. Each settler has his or her own daily routine, with a range of different actions and behaviors that can be observed by the player at all times. By expanding the empire, the player can aspire to become a legendary king or queen.
The most popular features of the predecessors in the series have been retained and many of the fans' requests were incorporated into Settlers Rise of an Empire, creating an all-new Settlers atmosphere. The result is a realistic medieval world, captured in intricate detail. The game features an immersive, yet transparent economic system based on the resources, wares and goods produced by the settlers in their various trades and occupations.
- Create big, bustling medieval cities: Plot your expansion, manage your resources wisely and provide for your people. The Settlers Rise of an Empire offers gameplay that is easy to pick up and allows everybody from beginners to strategy experts to enjoy the game.
- Protect your citizens and your empire: Build up armies, vehicles and walls to protect your empire. Everything depends on your economy: Is your empire wealthy enough to supply a powerful defense force?
- Exciting multiplayer experience: Work cooperatively with a friend and play against another team: Will your division of labor be efficient enough to beat your opponent?
- A full living, detailed atmosphere: The RenderWare engine creates an extremely detailed universe with numerous plants, animals and other details that bring the environment to life in rich detail.
- Four climatic zones: The four climatic zones and four seasons have full impact on resource management and gameplay.
- Natural interaction of Settlers: Every Settler has his or her own daily life and interacts naturally with others.
About Ubisoft Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified lineup of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 23 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. Ubisoft generated sales of 680 million Euros for the 2006-07 fiscal year. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
Ubisoft Blue Byte Ubisoft Blue Byte was founded in Düsseldorf, Germany 1988 by Thomas Herzler and a colleague, both veterans of Rainbow Arts. Blue Byte's goal was to create and market real-time strategy games. The studio's first hit came in 1991 with Battle Isle, followed in 1993 with the perennial favorite The Settlers. Blue Byte became a wholly owned subsidiary of Ubisoft in 2001 and the 20 team members continue to contribute to the Settlers series, releasing The Settlers V: Heritage of Kings in 2005.