A new update for SimCity released today fixes a range of traffic issues related to congestion and emergency vehicle driving tendencies, among other problems.
Update 1.7 for the record-setting city-building game applies the following:
• Traffic Improvements: Tuned traffic congestion and fixed some intersection traffic issues.
• Traffic improvements: Emergency Vehicles will drive in empty lanes to get around traffic at intersections.
• Traffic improvements: Emergency and Delivery vehicles get priority over regular traffic when leaving garage.
• All units and buildings can now be demolished using the bulldoze tool.
• Performance improvements for low spec systems.
• New Server: Asia 2 will be released Tuesday afternoon (PDT)
Last week, SimCity lead designer Stone Librande posted a blog pledging to fix the game's traffic issues.
SimCity launched March 5 in the United States and was beset with server woes that left the game unplayable for many. Many of the game's issues have since been remedied and the title has gone on to sell 1.1 million copies in its first two weeks.