EDISON, N.J., April 7, 2005 – Rolling out a red carpet of exciting promotional activity, Majesco (NASDAQ: MJES), an innovative provider of diversified products and content for digital entertainment platforms, today revealed details of its multimillion dollar marketing campaign in support of its highly anticipated new video game, Psychonauts.
"Psychonauts is yet another quality addition to our expanding line up of frontline titles," said Ken Gold, vice president of Marketing for Majesco. "The comprehensive and diverse marketing campaign we've structured to support it integrates television, print, online and radio with multiple consumer promotions, a demo tour and street team activities."
Majesco's Psycho-Portals national consumer promotion is highlighted on all marketing materials and will challenge even the most adept "brainiacs." Consumers who register at www.psychoportals.com will work as an online community to solve a series of game-related challenges so they can unlock ten online portals and become eligible for prizes. The promotion culminates in radio remotes at key retail locations in the top ten markets where street teams will hand out an array of Psychonauts items. Registration begins April 5th and the contest officially kicks-off April 16th.
Majesco has also partnered with several national retailers to offer an exciting "Psycho Gold Instant Win Game." Consumers who purchase Psychonauts for Xbox could win $5,000 instantly if their game includes a winning gold disc. Three participating retailers are offering five gold discs each within specially marked Xbox packages featuring the promotion.
Other activities incorporated into the Psychonauts campaign include:
- Humorous national TV campaign;
- Print campaign in mass-market and gaming enthusiast publications that includes spreads, pages and a unique "interactive" insert;
- Major online advertising initiative that began in March and will continue through launch;
- Two week national radio campaign in the top 10 markets;
- Three kiosks on the "GameLive College Tour" that runs from March through mid-April and hits 25 college campuses across the country;
- Inclusion on the May Xbox retail kiosks;
- Consumer demos and video trailers on Official Xbox Magazine and leading online gaming sites;
- Official Brady Strategy Guide available at launch;
- Large-scale, cross-promotion with Creative Labs;
- Comprehensive publicity campaign targeting leading consumer and gaming enthusiast publications, online, and broadcast outlets;
- Dedicated consumer web site at www.Psychonauts.com.
Developed by creative visionary, Tim Schafer, and his team at Double Fine Productions, Psychonauts is scheduled to ship April 19th for the Xbox video game system from Microsoft and PC, and for the Sony PlayStation2 computer entertainment system in late spring.
About Double Fine Productions, Inc.
Double Fine Productions is a San Francisco-based game company founded in 2000 by Tim Schafer, creator of many award-winning games including Grim Fandango, Full Throttle and Day of the Tentacle. He started the company with a selection of the Grim Fandango team and added to it industry veterans from the development teams of Maximo, Diablo II, Jedi Knight and Starfighter. Thrown into the mix were animators from Phil Tippett Studios and Pixar, and artists from the worlds of both video games and fine art. Since then, Double Fine has grown into a talented 40-person team dedicated to making amazing games with an emphasis on excellent story, characters, art, technology and fun.
Headquartered in Edison, NJ, Majesco Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: MJES) is an innovative provider of diversified products and content for digital entertainment platforms. The Company's three main product lines include Games, which includes highly anticipated titles such as Advent Rising and Psychonauts; Videos, which highlights the Company's platform-independent video compression technology; and Gadgets, which includes innovative digital entertainment products like Frogger TV Arcade. More information about the Company can be found online at www.majescogames.com.