SAN FRANCISCO – October 17, 2007 - Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, announced today that Heroes of Might and Magic V: Tribes of the East for the PC has shipped to retailers nationwide. Developed by Nival Interactive, this stand-alone product will allow both long-time fans and series newcomers to enjoy the dramatic evolution and conclusion of the Heroes V experience. Heroes of Might and Magic V: Tribes of the East is rated "T" for Teen and has an MSRP of $29.99.
About Heroes of Might and Magic V: Tribes of the East For the first time, play as the Orc faction and recruit heroes, build armies and manage cities as you explore and conquer legendary lands. Use tactics, skills and magic to outsmart fantasy armies while developing your heroes and unveiling the dark plot that threatens to tear the world of Ashan apart.
Heroes of Might and Magic V: Tribes of the East chronicles the final chapter in the epic struggle that began with the interrupted wedding of Queen Isabel. Players will follow the steps of the Necrolord Arantir as he uncovers the prophecy of the Dark Messiah of Might and Magic and exposes the Demon Sovereign's conspiracy.
Following this brilliant conclusion to the Heroes of Might and Magic V story, the world of Ashan will never be the same again…
- New Orc Faction: First made famous in Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, the brutal Orc faction now comes to the Heroes series. Savage, fiercely proud and resolutely independent, the Orcs put the "might" in Might and Magic. This faction's troops include Orcs, Goblins, Cyclops and the famed Pao Kais.
- New Campaign: Experience the dramatic conclusion of the usurper Biara's reign. Discovering the demonic influence that corrupts the Haven knights, the savage Orc clans will take up arms to eradicate the Inferno threat. Characters from Dark Messiah of Might and Magic will also appear to bring an unexpected twist to this multi-layered plot. In addition, Tribes of the East will also feature 10 multiplayer and five single-player maps.
- New Upgrade Level: Every creature in the Heroes V universe will get an alternative upgrade level, increasing the total number of creatures in the Heroes of Might and Magic V line to over 170! These powerful new abilities are sure to become an integral part of your combat tactics.
- Extra Content: Expand your arsenal and gameplay with new spells, new artifacts, new buildings and innovative new features such as the combo-based Artifact Power Link and Battle Rage, the unique racial ability of the Orcs.
- Standalone Product: In order to allow both fans and newcomers to enjoy this dramatic conclusion to the Heroes V experience, Tribes of the East will be a standalone product – no previous Heroes game installations will be required to play.
About Ubisoft Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified lineup of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 23 countries and sales in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. Ubisoft generated sales of 680 million Euros for the 2006-07 fiscal year. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
About Nival Interactive: Nival Interactive is Russia's leading game developer, and also the largest, with four development teams and staff of over 140 dedicated professionals and true game enthusiasts. Since its inception in 1996, Nival Interactive has gained worldwide recognition from both press and gamers thanks to its impressive lineup of highly successful titles including the Rage of Mages, Etherlords, Blitzkrieg and Silent Storm series, backed by a genuine commitment to creativity and innovation.