Torrance, CA (March 11, 2008) Aksys Games, a publisher of interactive entertainment products, announced today that Guilty Gear 2: Overture will arrive exclusively on Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft in Q3 2008. This Xbox 360 exclusive will take the frantic one-on-one fighting game series in an exciting new direction as an intense tactical action game.
"Guilty Gear 2: Overture retains a lot of elements that the fighting games are known for, so it's cool to see how familiar moves like the Gun Flame make the transition to 3D," said Michael Manzanares, Project Lead, Aksys Games. " Except now though, you're facing off against an entire army instead of just one character. You'll lose (badly) if you think you're a one-man army, so you definitely have to remember that you have your own army to command."
Guilty Gear 2: Overture Prologue In the far future, humanity succeeded in developing an endless energy called the divine power. But although they were able to obtain wisdom, mankind could not cast aside their foolishness. Tension among the major powers led to the creation of biological weapons that were based on that power - Gears.
Justice, the only Gear able to command the legions of biological weapons, went berserk and declared war on all of humanity. That was the beginning of the worst war in history - The Crusades.
In response, mankind formed an order of elite knights, and with their participation, Justice was defeated. With her fall, all Gears ceased to function and entered a dormant state. The long-lasted Crusades came to an end, and it seemed like mankind restored peace.
However, true history has yet to reveal itself.
Guilty Gear 2: Overture Features:
- Tactical Melee Action - Take part in battle alongside your servants and destroy your enemies!
- Over Fifty Servants at Your Disposal - Engage in dynamic battles by balancing resources and deploying troops to turn the tide of battle!
- Dual Language - Experience the thrilling continuation of the Guilty Gear saga with fully voiced dialogue!
- Multiplayer Deathmatch - Team battle or Free-for-all, test your mettle on Xbox Live with up to four players!
- Refined Mechanics - Enjoy new items, skills, tweaks, and additional modes not seen in the original import!
Guilty Gear 2: Overture has not yet been rated by the ESRB. More information about Aksys Games and Guilty Gear 2: Overture can be found at www.aksysgames.com.