Montreal, Canada. May 4, 2006 - Game publisher, Meridian4 and developer, Rebelmind are pleased to announce that the highly praised children's Adventure title; Great Journey – Mr. Penguin's Letter has shipped and is now available in retail stores and for online distribution.
"Great Journey is a terrific family title to bring over to North America. It is a delightfully fun and colourful game and appeals to children of all ages," said Steve Milburn, Marketing Director at Meridian4, "Great Journey has been called the future of children's adventure games and it's not hard to see why."
Great Journey is now available for purchase in most retails outlets at a suggested retail price of $19.99. This title has been rated E for Everyone by the ESRB. For more information about Great Journey go to www.meridian4.com.
About Great Journey
Do you like adventures? Would you like to travel the world?
Join Tony and Annie on their Great Journey to save Antarctica, home of their dear friends! Players will immerse themselves into a thrilling adventure and visit lots of vibrant and colorful places - from small port towns to hot, sandy deserts, through damp, colorful jungles and all the way to the ice and snow of the South Pole.
- Colorful and captivating scenery. Discover beautifully rendered backgrounds and vividly animated real-time 3D characters.
- Take your pick; choose to play as Annie or Tony as they start out on this Great Journey.
- 5 chapters full of adventure and more than 30 locations from all over the world. Start from the old port town, then sail to sandy Africa and later visit lush, tropical jungle at Crocodile Island. Next, find your way to the mysterious Easter Island and eventually prepare for a dramatic finale on icy Antarctica!
- 7 mini-games will provide lots of action for everyone. Play soccer with an African shaman, save the port from a garbage flood, feed the monkey, photograph whales and do lots of other crazy stuff. Challenge your family or friends for the best score or play together in multiplayer modes.
- Ecological storyline with NO violence. Great Journey promotes empathy and understanding of today's environmental issues.
- Mouse based interface where one click is enough to do pretty much everything you need. It's slick, simple and kids love it!
Rebelmind is an established computer and video game development studio with offices in Poland. From their beginnings in 1999, the company stayed true to its mission, releasing quality titles at regular intervals. Rebelmind's track record includes products from various genres, kids games (Great Journey), epic RPG titles (Grom, Space Hack).
Meridian4 is an interactive software publisher located in Montreal, Canada. We are a new publishing company, with new ideas and a different approach to forming partnerships with developers. The difference is we actually form a partnership – a true relationship characterized by mutual cooperation and responsibility to achieve the best possible performance for their products.