Gothic II is a 3D role-playing action game set in a medieval world filled with hidden dangers and forgotten treasures. Battle against a swarming host of orcs, dragons, and other mythical creatures. Experience three different character classes by selecting a career in the militia, mercenary, or sorcerer guilds. Use alchemy to create magical elements, like runes, scrolls, and potions that you can use in your quest to fight evil. Few games offer as many options and unlimited freedom of action as Gothic II. Deadly threats and undreamt-of riches, powerful foes, and loyal allies all await you in this epic role-playing action adventure.
- A hybrid RPG game with a massive, fully 3D, lush environment.
- Explore the Gothic II world from a first-person point-of-view or switch to a third-person view for fast-paced melee combat.
- Gripping non-linear storyline continues from the original game. The adventure unfolds according to the character class you choose--even first-time Gothic gamers will enjoy the story.
- Three different class guilds, each offering its own unique allies, enemies and skills--fearless paladin (militia), unscrupulous dragon hunter (mercenary), or novice (magician).
- Gain experience and skills by fighting and using magic, including close-combat and longrange weapons skills, combo moves, and new magic spells.
- More than 50 close-combat weapons, including clubs, swords, daggers, hammers, and axes. Long-range weapons include hunting crossbows and longbows.
- Seven circles of magical power to increase your hero's supernatural abilities.
- More than NPCs with improved AI react differently, depending on your character class and any previous encounters you've had. Spoken dialog adds life and personality to NPC encounters.
- More than 50 monsters, including goblins, orc warriors, trolls, shadowbeasts, and lurkers. Newcomers to Gothic II include wargs, fire lizards, demons, field raiders, dragonsnappers, and magic gollums.
- Impressive lighting effects and day and night cycles--experience thunderstorms, snow, water reflections, and more.