2007 October 29 - You may be too old to go trick-or-treating, but you're never too old to game. October has been a month of fun treats on Xbox LIVE Arcade, and there's plenty to get excited about in the coming weeks. Here's a sneak peek at this week's freaky title, as well as several additional games that are coming to Xbox LIVE Arcade in the next few weeks.
Just in time for Halloween, "Mutant Storm Empire" is packed with sci-fi action as players crush gangs of robots, smash swarms of UFOs and demolish massive enemy bosses. "Mutant Storm Empire," the latest shooter from PomPom games and the sequel to "Mutant Storm Reloaded," features 16 unique levels spread over four richly detailed and varied worlds. The game offers a seamless experience where players move from room to room without having to enter a loading screen, in addition to offline co-op and multiplayer LIVE support for two people.
"Mutant Storm Empire" will be available worldwide for 800 Microsoft Points Wednesday, October 31, 2007, at 9 a.m. GMT (2 a.m. PDT).
In the coming weeks, look out for the following titles:
- "N+"(Slick Entertainment and Metanet Software) – Play as an acrobatic ninja in this addictive action-puzzle platformer. N+ features inadvertently homicidal robots, stylish graphics, a level editor and intense multiplayer awesomeness.
- "Screwjumper!" (THQ) – Players take the plunge in "Screwjumper!" and free-fall into the depths of the chaotic underworld as a Screwjumper, driving aliens back to their home world by destroying their precious mining equipment.
- "SHREK-N-ROLL" (Activision) – Gamers join "Shrek," "Fiona," "Donkey," "Puss in Boots" and 20 other twisted fairy tale friends in this hilarious puzzle game designed for ogres of all ages.
- "SpongeBob SquarePants: Underpants Slam" (Nickelodeon and THQ) – In this quick and fun game, players search the kitchen of the Krusty Krab, the Flying Dutchman's ship and the Armoury of Atlantis for 99 pairs of underpants.
- "Switchball" (Sierra Online) – Based on real-world physics, "Switchball" is an intricate puzzle game set in a stunning 3-D world where players control an ever-changing ball along a narrow, winding course suspended in midair.
- "Undertow" (Chair Entertainment Group) – This fast-paced action-shooter sends gamers underwater as they battle up to 16 players for control of the oceans! Players race to upgrade their units as they engage in non-stop conquest-style battles through multiple levels of combat action with some of the most stunning graphics ever seen in an Xbox LIVE Arcade title.
- "Word Puzzle" (InterServ International) – The classic pen-and-paper word search game is brought to a new level of excitement on Xbox LIVE Arcade, complete with combos, high-score achievements and the ability to compete against others online.
More than 100 games will be available on Xbox LIVE Arcade by year's end, including dozens of original intellectual properties and classic titles updated for this generation. Specific game information surrounding each title will be available on http://www.xbox.com in the coming weeks.
About Xbox LIVE Arcade
Xbox LIVE Arcade on Xbox 360 is the premier destination for digitally distributed high-definition games. Xbox LIVE Arcade is a fast-growing phenomenon with a diverse library of original development and classic titles from the world's best independent and established developers and publishers. With a dynamically updated library and free trials for every title, Xbox LIVE Arcade makes it easy for every type of gamer — from casual to hard-core — to get instantly immersed in the fun. Xbox LIVE Arcade also lets friends connect and play these incredible games either from the same room or from around the world via the Xbox LIVE online entertainment network. More information can be found online at http://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/livearcade.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq "MSFT") is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.