London (26th November 2007) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, announced today that WINGS OF THE GODDESS the fourth expansion pack for FINAL FANTASY XI, a successful massively multi-player online role-playing game (MMORPG), is now available for Windows and Xbox 360.
This fourth expansion to FINAL FANTASY XI sends players twenty years back in time, right at the core of the Crystal War, the main event upon which the FINAL FANTASY XI storyline is based. With new jobs, enemies and exciting features it will make FINAL FANTASY XI one of the most involving and deep MMORPG experiences ever.
John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, "The world of FINAL FANTASY XI continues to grow with both new content and new players. WINGS OF THE GODDESS provides the latest exciting expansion to Vana'diel with a host of features that ensures FINAL FANTASY XI continues to evolve and entertain."
About WINGS OF THE GODDESS
New Combat Features:
- An all-new "Allied Campaign" system will allow players to take part in large-scale battles and explore new special dungeons
- New Areas:
- New settings further expand the vast world of Vana'diel
- Mog House Guests:
- Players will be able to invite their friends to their Mog Houses, showing their personalised furniture and special items. It is a new way to talk about past adventures and future plans in an entirely customised setting.
- New Jobs
- New Monsters
- Dancer - With their aggressive steps, these thewy terpsichoreans would weave forbidden magicks upon themselves and their enemies, producing results rivalling those of even the most powerful sorcerous cants. The popularity of this profession reached its peak during the Great War, when dancers were common additions to the allied army units fighting on the front lines.
- Scholar - During the Crystal War, these military tacticians often served as high-ranking officers in allied forces across Vana'diel. Extensive knowledge of ancient martial theory granted them the ability to wield dual schools of magic, between which they would alternate depending on the situation at hand.
For more information about WINGS OF THE GODDESS, please visit www.ff11europe.com/goddess
About FINAL FANTASY XI
FINAL FANTASY XI takes you into the aftermath of a great war, as you answer a desperate call to defend your people. In this first ever cross-platform massively multiplayer online game, you'll unite with other heroes as you attempt to save the world from utter destruction. The adventure continues in multiple expansion packs: Rise of the Zilart, Chains of Promathia and Treasures of Aht Urhgan and the latest expansion WINGS OF THE GODDESS.