Activision has signed on the newly formed studio composed of Medal of Honor: Allied Assault developers.
Activision has announced that it has signed a long-term publishing agreement with newly formed developer Infinity Ward. Infinity Ward is composed of 22 developers, all of whom worked on the highly acclaimed PC World War II shooter, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, which was released in January. Activision has already made a 30 percent equity investment in the new developer and has the option to pick up the remaining 70 percent. This is the latest in Activision's series of developer acquisitions over the past two years; previously, the publisher acquired Treyarch Inventions, Grey Matter Interactive, and Shaba Games.