Montreal, Canada. July 12, 2006. Software publisher Strategy First Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Silverstar Holdings, Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSTR), and Valve Corporation, a leading entertainment and technology studio, are pleased to announce Strategy First’s “Disciples II Gold” and “Jagged Alliance II Gold” are now available via Steam.
“We are excited about making Disciples II Gold & Jagged Alliance II Gold available to Steam’s eight million gamers” says Eman Wall, Product Manager at Strategy First. “We feel that these two franchises at a popular price is a great way to start our Steam Powered Summer… and there is more news to come soon!”
About Disciples II Gold
Dark Prophecy takes you back to the magical realm of the Sacred Lands. The four races, the Empire, the Mountain Clans, the Legions of the Damned, and the Undead Hordes, continue the battle for the destiny of their gods.
- Guardians of the Light leads you into the fantastic world of Disciples II as either the Empire or the Mountain Clans. They have received divine instructions, and now seek to uncover an ancient ritual that will let them communicate with their god, Wotan.
- Servants of the Dark brings you into the never-ending quest for supremacy as either the Undead Hordes or the Legions of the Damned. On the dark side, the Legions of the Damned enact a plan to spread Bethrezen’s plague across Nevendaar. They sense the threat brought on by the rebirth of the Elven god and will stop at nothing to steal this power for their own self-interest.
- Rise of the Elves allows you to play as the elder Elven race as they struggle to reclaim their forests from the four primary forces in Nevendaar. Driven by an unpredictable god who urges them to battle, the Elves begin a massive march towards their fate. An oracle’s message, however, tells of Gallean’s intentions to lash out against his timeless enemies forcing the Noble and the Wild Elves to unite their scattered tribes.
- Five New Bonus Quests
About Jagged Alliance II Gold
“Jagged Alliance II Gold”, which features “Jagged Alliance II” and its stand alone expansion “Jagged Alliance II Unfinished Business”, immerse you into an elaborate role-playing universe where you will interact with more than 150 characters, recruit your own band of soldiers and create your own custom mercenary to win back Arulco – not once, but twice! The perfect blend of strategy, role playing and tactical combat!
- Improved enemy AI
- New Iron Man Mode!
- Over 150 individual in-game characters.
- Realistic combat physics.
- More than 10,000 lines of digitized speech.
- Dozens of realistically modeled weapons.
- Create your own custom mercenary by choosing abilities, skills and personality.
- Nonlinear gameplay lets you fight, rest, explore and plan as you see fit.
- Amazingly detailed environments with realistic line-of-sight and spectacular high-color, high-resolution graphics.
- Choose between reality or sci-fi gaming style.
Disciples II: Gold Edition and Jagged Alliance II Gold are now available on Steam for $19.95 each. Purchase both games together now for only $29.95.
Disciples II Gold and Jagged Alliance II Gold are rated T for Teen by ESRB.
For more details, and to purchase your own copy please visit http://www.steampowered.com
About Strategy First Inc
Strategy First Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Silverstar Holdings (Nasdaq: SSTR), is a leading developer and worldwide publisher of entertainment software for the PC. Founded in 1990, the Company is well known for its proprietary groundbreaking titles, such as the award winning Disciples, Jagged Alliance and Space Empires series of games, which are under continuing development. Simultaneously, Strategy First continues to publish many of the industry’s major titles, winning numerous awards for games such as “Hearts of Iron”, “Europa Universalis”, and “Galactic Civilizations.” Recent offerings include top releases such as “S.C.S. – Dangerous Waters™” and “Disney’s Aladdin Chess Adventures.” The Company provides a unique alternative for independent developers seeking to market their games to a worldwide audience. www.strategyfirst.com
About Silverstar Holdings
Silverstar Holdings Ltd. is a publicly traded company, focusing on acquiring controlling positions in high growth fee-based electronic game businesses that stand to benefit from the economies of scale generated by Internet and other technology related platforms. It currently owns Strategy First Inc., a leading developer and worldwide publisher of entertainment software for the PC, as well as a stake in Magnolia Broadband, a fab-less semiconductor company and innovator of radio frequency (RF) solutions for the cellular industry. www.silverstarholdings.com