Take out your motorway gridlock frustrations this coming bank holiday weekend on the brand new Colin McRae Rally 2005 single player PC demo, now available from www.codemasters.co.uk/colinmcrae2005 (in the "Downloads" section).
The supremely thrashable cars featured in the demo include the racy Peugeot 206, the classic Toyota Celica GT-FOUR and the monstrous and totally lustworthy Lancia Stratos. And with more than 30 cars in the full game, that's just a tantalising taster of what's to come!
Variable weather conditions will keep even the best rally gamers on their toes and, with Nicky Grist calling the shots on the pace notes, PC gamers can get a head start on their rallying mates by tearing up the countryside in 3 of the final 300+ stages - including one stage in Germany, representing the all-new country in Colin McRae Rally 2005.
The full game, launching September 24th on PC, PlayStation 2 and Xbox, introduces a new Career mode, putting the player firmly in the driving seat and tasking them to become world champion over a whole range of vehicle classes and competitions. It's also fully playable online, on both PC and consoles, and there's a multiplayer PC demo yet to come!
Additionally, the playable demos for PlayStation 2 and Xbox will be carried on Official PlayStation 2 magazine and Official Xbox magazine, with on sale dates of 9th September and 6th September respectively.
Download the new PC demo and check out the latest movies from the game's dedicated website at www.codemasters.co.uk/colinmcrae2005
COLIN MCRAE RALLY 2005 KEY POINTS
- o The leading rally game accelerates on September 24th for PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC.
- o The #1 rally game evolves as Colin McRae Rally 2005 takes the series online for up to 8 players on PlayStation 2 and Xbox with more cars, more stages, and new challenges.
- o Drive the most diverse selection of cars through new, non-linear Career Challenge with over 20 individual rally events and over 300+ stages.
- o 30+ featured cars include the Volkswagen Golf MK5, Toyota Celica GT-FOUR, Lancia Stratos, Alfa Romeo 147 GTA, Alfetta GTV Turbodelta, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII, Peugeot 206, 205 T16 Evo2 and the distinctive VW Beetle RSi!
- o 9 international locations (new German rally joins events through UK, Sweden, USA, Finland, Australia, Spain, Greece, and Japan), in Rally game mode, each with 8 stages. Large, animated spectator crowds cheer you on through the stages.
- o Incredible detail: An individual damage model for each car - right down to paintwork scrapes and a 'dazed' visual effect as you recover from a crash!