Sunnyvale, CA - March 22, 2006 - "Henshin-is-on-the-go-go" as Capcom today released Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble for the PSP (PlayStationPortable) system. Bringing intense versus-style action, new features and enhancements to the PSP system, Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble has Joe and his friends battling it out with their VFX powers to determine who will star in Captain Blue's latest production. Additionally, gamers can shake hands with "Ebony" and "Ivory" as Dante is an exclusive unlockable character who brings his own unique moves and storyline to the scene. Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble is now available at retailers across North America and carries a "T" rating for teen audiences by the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board).
In Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble, production on the latest Captain Blue movie is just about to begin. Unfortunately he can't seem to decide on the lead character. Now it's up to gamers to be the star of the show and 'audition' to see who will take the leading role in this big action extravaganza. An all-star cast of new and familiar playable characters will be available in this intense versus-fighting game including Captain Blue Junior, Sprocket and other original characters from the popular Kids' WB! animated series. With completely new movie set designs and a four player head-to-head battle mode, there will be an exuberant amount of action that extends beyond the silver screen.
Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble boasts the following features:
- New 'versus' gameplay for the Viewtiful Joe universe The gloves come off during the 'audition' as players participate in intense versus fighting action.
- All-star cast of playable characters Reacquaint yourself with familiar faces or discover new and original characters from the Kids' WB!'s television series, Silvia, Alastor, Sprocket, an ice princess that intimidates people with her cold stares, and Captain Blue Junior.
- Interactive environments In addition to new set designs, players will be able to use background elements to attack their opponents.
Different modes of play:
- Story Mode A single player mode where gamers face off against the AI-controlled characters and advance through the story
- Multiplayer Battle Mode Duke it out wirelessly via the PSP system's ad hoc mode with up to three other players and see who reigns on the big screen.
Exclusive PSP system features:
- Dante, of Devil May Cry fame, is an unlockable character with his own unique moves and storyline in tow.
- A single player Trial Mode has been added which offers an assortment of quick and challenging mini-games.
- Game sharing feature allows others to play selective stages and characters using only one disk
Capcom is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment. Founded in 1983, the company has created world renowned franchises including Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Viewtiful Joe, Devil May Cry and the Onimusha series. Headquartered in Osaka, Japan, the company maintains operations in the U.S., United Kingdom, Germany, Tokyo and Hong Kong. More information about Capcom and its products can be found on the company's web site at www.capcom.com.