Burnout 2: Point of Impact is the follow-up to the original smash hit with improved graphics, faster gameplay, and bigger, more spectacular crashes.
While Burnout 1 was inspired by European movies and locations, Burnout 2 is inspired by American films such as "The Fast And The Furious." The game is set in U.S. locations with an all-new set of vehicles: modified Japanese cars, pickups, SUVs - plus some bonus rides such as police cruisers and classic 50's hotrods. Other improvements will be tighter handling, better crash deformations, new music, new game structure, enhanced physics, new lighting, improved car models, a new replay system and more.
- Offensive Driving 101, where you can "Learn to Burn" from the Burnout Driving School.
- All-new Pursuit races allow players to race a police car and ram opponents off the road.
- Crashes are bigger, badder, and more heart-stopping than any seen before: Vehicles deform and car parts fly across the highway.
- New Custom Series Mode that allows you to race modified vehicles complete with body kits and decals.
- Progressive scan and Dolby Pro-Logic II support.
- Six new United States locations, including Miami, Los Angeles, The Rocky Mountains, New Mexico, and a busy international airport.
- Thirty new stages to drive with fourteen all-new vehicles - over 600 miles of challenges and courses to complete the game.
- Secret vehicles to unlock including police cars, 1950's hotrods, and stock cars.
- Realistic weather effects, such as snow, rain, and fog.
- All-new points-based championship gameplay structure.
- All new boost system - vehicles can now get air and earn boosts by jumping.
- Intelligent traffic system, featuring three distinct types of driver behaviors.
New content for Xbox version:
- 15 additional Crash mode junctions - the world's favorite Burnout mode just got bigger. The 'Crash for Cash' mode is now bigger and better, with 15 brand new dangerous Crash junctions. Double the madness. Double the carnage. Double the insurance premiums.
- Extra decal sets available for all Custom Series cars - Four additional custom decal sets are selectable for all CS vehicles e.g. 'Red Dragon' and 'Union Jack' decal sets only available in Xbox version.
- Increased polygon count on all player cars - utilizing the extra graphical power available on the Xbox - vehicles have more than twice the detail than in the PS2 version.
- Real-time cubic environment mapping - all vehicles reflect the game world making the vehicles look much more realistic.
- Custom soundtracks option - this allows you to create your own Burnout 2 soundtrack, choosing the specially composed original music for Burnout 2--or any of your own music you've stored on the Xbox hard disk.
- In-game real-time Dolby Digital 5.1 audio - experience Burnout 2 like never before. Dolby Digital 5.1 provides the ultimate Burnout 2 experience. Feel the roar of the traffic as 5.1 discrete channels of surround sound give the most exciting and entertaining racing experience yet.
- Xbox Live hi-score table support - Compare your Burnout 2 skills with the best Burnout players in the world and your friends.
- Xbox Live - Over sixty online leader boards including best time on each track, highest scores in Crash Mode and other Burnout 2 statistics.