According to the latest Media Creates sales update from November 5-11, the newest Animal Crossing game for the 3DS was the high-selling game for the week in Japan.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf sold 603,064 units in its debut week. In the game, players are now given the role of mayor, where they can customize the entire town to their liking. Users can also refurbish furniture and other crafted objects with custom designs. The North American version will be out in the first half of 2013.
Other sequels that made their debut on the charts include the PS3 version of Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires, Halo 4, and Tales of Xillia 2. Tecmo Koei's latest in its long line of action games revolving around the Romance of the Three Kingdoms time period was way behind Animal Crossing: New Leaf with only 70,102 units sold. 343 Industries' new take on the renowned Halo franchise was at third place with 39,312 units sold, while Namco Bandai's sequel to Tales of Xillia was at fourth place with 34,789 units sold.
The two 3DS unit types were the current top-sellers on the console front. The 3DS XL was at 134,652 units while the regular 3DS was at 52,425 units. The PS Vita was at 4,021, a far cry from PSP's unit figure of 12,076 units.
Top Japan Game Sales Of November 5 – 11
Rank / Title / Publisher / System / Units
1. Animal Crossing: New Leaf / Nintendo / 3DS / 603,064
2. Dynasty Warriors 6 / Tecmo Koei / PS3 / 70,102
3. Halo 4 / Microsoft / Xbox 360 / 39,312
4. Tales of Xillia 2 / Namco Bandai / PS3 / 34,789
5. New Super Mario Bros. 2 / Nintendo / 3DS / 23,224
6. Bravely Default / Square Enix / 3DS / 14,847
7. Silent Hill: Downpour / Konami / PS3 / 13,516
8. Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 / Konami / PS3 / 12,335
9. Okami HD / Capcom / PS3 / 11,013
10. Yakuza 1 & 2 HD Edition / Sega / PS3 / 10,073
3DS XL – 134,652
3DS – 52,425
PS3 – 18,043
PSP – 12,076
PS Vita – 4,021
Wii – 2,921
Xbox 360 – 2,908
PS2 – 1,187
DSi XL – 244
DSi - 180